Carrot, corn, cheese and chive muffins Thermomix Method
Carrot, corn, cheese and chive muffins, perfect for the lunchbox!
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup grated cheese (I used a mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 40 grams butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and cut carrots into 2cm pieces.
- Grate carrot in the Thermomix bowl on speed 5 for 8 seconds. If you want to grate the carrot more finely to hide it from the kids, grate for a further 3 seconds.
- Add the flour, milk, egg, chives, butter, cheese and corn kernels to your Thermomix and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 3.
- If you are using a silicone muffin pan or greasing one, add directly to the tray, otherwise use patty liners.
- Spread mix evenly, then tap sharply on the bench. Allow to settle for 2 mins.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Rest in the pan for 5 minutes then put on a wire rack to cool.
- Eat cold, warm or freeze!
Cuisine modern australian
Recipe by Tasty Tummies at https://tastytummies.com.au/carrot-corn-cheese-chive-muffins-savoury-lunchbox-muffins/